Latest Formula One News

FEBRUARY 2, 2022

Red Bull also denies failing crash test

Red Bull has also pushed back at claims it failed one of the FIA's stricter new mandatory crash-test rules ahead of the all-new regulations era beginning in 2022.

Leclerc not Ferrari's number 1 driver says Capelli

Charles Leclerc has not managed to establish himself as Ferrari's clear number 1 driver.

Schumacher ready for new Ferrari role in 2022

Mick Schumacher has set his sights on regular appearances in Q2 this year as he prepares for his second season in Formula 1.

Mercedes denies failing 2022 crash test

Mercedes has denied reports that its all-new W13 car for the 2022 regulations recently failed a mandatory FIA crash test.

Important Hamilton feels comfortable says F1 CEO

F1's CEO hopes Lewis Hamilton is back in action in 2022.

Schumacher ready for Ferrari seat says Domenicali

Mick Schumacher is "ready" to step up to a full race seat at Ferrari.

Marko hails Liberty for budget cap, Netflix

Dr Helmut Marko has offered rare praise for the current commercial rights holders of Formula 1 - Liberty Media.

F1 confirms mandatory vaccination for 2022

Formula 1 has confirmed reports that all drivers, travelling team staff and other personnel in the F1 paddock must be vaccinated against covid-19 from 2022.

No truth to Hamilton quit threats says Marko

Lewis Hamilton's post-defeat "silence" was all "part of the drama" of the incredible and intense 2021 world championship climax, finale and aftermath.

Vandoorne admits F1 career probably over

Former McLaren driver Stoffel Vandoorne admits he is unlikely to ever return to Formula 1.

Giovinazzi not giving up on 2023 return

Antonio Giovinazzi insists he has not given up on Formula 1.

New race director likely in 2022 says FIA

F1's governing body has admitted that under-fire race director Michael Masi's job is set to change in 2022.

Capito open to F1 talks with Volkswagen

Jost Capito is refusing to deny that he would be interested in a chat with Volkswagen executives.

FEBRUARY 1, 2022

Crash test trouble for Mercedes, Red Bull cars

There are reports that likely championship contenders Red Bull and Mercedes have both struck trouble with the official FIA crash testing of their respective 2022 cars.

Verstappen salary close to the limit says Marko

Red Bull is set to kick off contract negotiations with new world champion Max Verstappen.

Wolff regrets verbal spats with Horner

Toto Wolff admits he regrets getting into a tit-for-tat verbal spat with rival Formula 1 team boss Christian Horner in 2021.

JANUARY 31, 2022

Quite late to confirm 2022 sprint races says Horner

It is getting late in the day to confirm the sprint qualifying format for 2022, according to Red Bull boss Christian Horner.

Domenicali plays down Vettel's F1 criticism

Stefano Domenicali has played down quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel's concerns about the future of Formula 1.

JANUARY 28, 2022

Young driver can replace Hamilton says Capito

A Formula 1 team boss says it would be no tragedy if Lewis Hamilton decides to suddenly retire ahead of the 2022 season.

Hamilton was robbed of 2021 title saya Ogier

Eight time world rally champion Sebastien Ogier says Lewis Hamilton was "robbed" of the 2021 Formula 1 crown.

Honda had rethink after F1 exit says Marko

Honda will be more deeply involved in Red Bull's Formula 1 program this year and beyond than was previously thought.

Masi could get F1 race co-directors in 2022?

Formula 1 is drawing up a plan to give under-fire race director Michael Masi more support in 2022.

JANUARY 27, 2022

Ricciardo could end F1 career with McLaren`

Daniel Ricciardo is enjoying the arm around his shoulder at McLaren, after emerging from the "tough love" of life under Dr Helmut Marko's rule.

Horner hopes Hamilton returns to F1

Red Bull's team boss hopes Lewis Hamilton will return to Formula 1 this year in a bid to reclaim the title from Max Verstappen.