Latest Formula One News
JANUARY 27, 2022
Hamilton title loss also cost Bottas money
Valtteri Bottas admits Lewis Hamilton's world championship defeat last year also cost him a lot of money.
Genoa court ends Briatore super-yacht tax probe
A tax evasion probe involving former F1 personality Flavio Briatore has finally ended.
Barcelona loses official pre-season test status
Formula 1's opening test of the all-new technical era beginning in 2022 will be a "lower key" affair in Barcelona.
JANUARY 26, 2022
Ferrari changes plans to avoid rule breach
Ferrari had to quickly change direction this week for fear of kicking off the 2022 campaign with a rule breach.
Contender plays down Hamilton quit rumours
A clause in Lewis Hamilton's contract could mean in theory that rumours he is contemplating retirement are on the money.
Alonso back to normal after surgery
It is full speed ahead for Fernando Alonso as he recovers well from his recent facial surgery.
Italian Air Force gets F1 green-light for 2022
Fans of the Frecce Tricolori can breathe a sigh of relief after Formula 1 banned military aircraft flyovers at grands prix in 2022.
Valentino Rossi had DTM talks for 2022 says Berger
F1 legend Gerhard Berger says Valentino Rossi came close to switching to the German touring car series DTM for 2022.
JANUARY 21, 2022
Porsche teaming up with Red Bull says Brown
Zak Brown, who says Porsche is set to team up in Formula 1 with Red Bull, admits that McLaren has also had discussions with another Volkswagen carmaker - Audi.
Wolff reveals Hamilton's very deep wounds
There are "very deep" wounds within Lewis Hamilton after the controversial finale to the ultra-intense 2021 title battle, Toto Wolff has revealed.
Sprint races in doubt over money dispute
Formula 1's sprint race plans for 2022 remain up in the air - because of a dispute about money.
Sainz shows Leclerc no wonder-boy says Marko
Charles Leclerc may not be as good a driver as the early hype suggested, according to Dr Helmut Marko.
Marko slams Abiteboul-to-Red Bull rumours
Dr Helmut Marko has slammed reports that former Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul could be about to join Red Bull's Formula 1 program.
Red Bull would also feel robbed says Albers
Red Bull would have behaved "exactly the same" as Mercedes had the situation been reversed at the explosively contentious 2021 season finale in Abu Dhabi.
Performance disparity possible in 2022 says Brawn
Ross Brawn has moved to allay fears about the new generation of Formula 1 cars.
Prost almost ran for FIA presidency
Alain Prost - FIA president. It's a tantalising name-and-title combination that just may have happened, with the 66-year-old Formula 1 legend admitting he considered trying to replace the recently-succeeded FIA president and fellow Frenchman Jean Todt.
Austin eases bumps with partial resurfacing
The US GP venue in Austin has moved to eradicate serious problems with the track surface ahead of the 2022 season.
F1 bans military aircraft flyovers for 2022
A decades-old tradition in Formula 1 has been banned for 2022 and beyond.
2022 cars not slower than last year's says Isola
This year's Formula 1 cars will not be significantly slower than the unprecedentedly-fast field of 2021.
JANUARY 19, 2022
No shock if Hamilton quits says Brown
Mercedes is pressing ahead with its plans for the 2022 season, despite the uncertainty surrounding Lewis Hamilton's participation.
Departing Prost slams Alpine CEO Rossi
F1 legend Alain Prost has pointed the finger squarely at Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi, as he joins an exodus of prominent team managers.
Szafnauer set to be Alpine team boss says Prost
Alain Prost has all but confirmed that Otmar Szafnauer will be Alpine's new team principal.
Prost reveals 2022 engine reliability problem
Alain Prost's parting shot at the Renault-owned Alpine team that he is leaving is to reveal a "reliability problem" with the new engine for 2022.
No Todt return for Ferrari, Briatore to Alpine
Jean Todt will not return to Ferrari as a consultant to the fabled Formula 1 team.