Formula One News — September 2020
SEPTEMBER 9, 2020
Newey motivation stupid excuse for results says Albers
Red Bull should stop looking for "excuses" to explain its failure to catch up with Mercedes.
F1 should artificially slow Mercedes says Seidl
The only way Formula 1 can ensure "more interesting races" is for the sport's authorities to intervene.
Title will guarantee F1 seat for Schumacher says Petrov
The Formula 2 title will guarantee a route into Formula 1 for Mick Schumacher.
SEPTEMBER 8, 2020
Simon Roberts named Williams Team Principal
Williams Racing announced today that Simon Roberts has been named as the Acting Team Principal, following Claire Williams stepping down after the Italian GP weekend.
Something has changed after party mode ban
The jury is out as to whether the 'party mode' ban that began at Monza has kicked off a new era of better racing in Formula 1.
Gasly still not Red Bull candidate says Marko
Monza winner Pierre Gasly is still "not a consideration" for a re-promotion to Red Bull Racing.
Better to be quiet about Ferrari says Montezemolo
Luca di Montezemolo is suddenly not offering any advice to the Ferrari team that he led so successfully in the past.
Ferrari signing proves F1 credentials says Sainz
Carlos Sainz says he has nothing else to prove as a top Formula 1 driver.
Kneeling absence not end of the world says Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton says missing his moment to kneel for Black Lives Matter at Monza last Sunday was "not the end of the world".
F1 loses heart and soul with Williams family exit
Two former F1 figures say the departure of the Williams family from Formula 1 is a poignant moment for the sport.
No negotiations with Haas yet says Magnussen
Kevin Magnussen says there are "no negotiations" yet with Haas over his place at Haas beyond 2020.
SEPTEMBER 7, 2020
Race Analysis - Crazy
Italian GP - Race Analysis
Red Bull did not treat Gasly fairly says Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton says shock Monza winner Pierre Gasly "wasn't treated fairly" by Red Bull last year.
Wishful thinking brought down Ferrari says Berger
Life at crisis-struck Ferrari "sucks" for Sebastian Vettel.
2020 Red Bull simply not good enough says Verstappen
Hopes that the 'party mode' ban would play right into Red Bull's hands came crumbling down at Monza.
Alonso motivated to lead Alpine team says de Meo
Fernando Alonso is "very motivated" to return to Formula 1 with a car in iconic French colours.
All teams signed to end car copying saga says Todt
The 'pink Mercedes' saga is over, after the last teams vowing to take the matter to the international court of appeal dropped their cases at Monza.
Masi not angry Hamilton confronted stewards
F1 race director Michael Masi says he doesn't mind that Lewis Hamilton confronted the stewards at Monza to personally protest the penalty that cost him victory on Sunday.
SEPTEMBER 6, 2020
Race Notes - Gasly takes suprise Italian GP victory
Italian GP - Race Notes
Sunday Photos
Italian GP - Sunday Photos
Sunday Press Conference
Italian GP - Sunday Press Conference
Sunday Team Quotes
Italian GP - Sunday Team Quotes
Race Results
Italian GP - Race Results
Party goes on without party mode says Wolff
'Party mode' may be gone, but Toto Wolff says the party will go on for Mercedes in 2020.