Formula One News — March 2021
MARCH 3, 2021
Only 30 simulator laps for Hamilton this winter
Lewis Hamilton has admitted he only did about 30 laps of driving in Mercedes' simulator over the winter.
Ocon happy to fill in for absent Alonso
Esteban Ocon says he is filling in for Fernando Alonso while the Spaniard completes his recovery from last month's cycling crash.
Hamilton to discuss kneeling in Bahrain
Lewis Hamilton says he isn't sure if the pre-race 'kneeling' routine will continue in 2021.
Red Bull handling problems solved says Albon
Alex Albon says Red Bull has succeeded in improving the handling of its Formula 1 car ahead of the 2021 season.
Hulkenberg may still be Mercedes reserve
Toto Wolff has hinted that Nico Hulkenberg may still become a Mercedes reserve driver in 2021.
Baku to host F1 ghost race in June
Azerbaijan's return to the F1 calendar this year will take place without the presence of a crowd.
MARCH 2, 2021
Mercedes launches 2021 challenger
Today Mercedes GP launched it’s 2021 Formula One chassis, the W12.
Alpine A521 revealed
Renault's newly rebranded Alpine Formula One team revealed it's 2021 Alpine A521 chassis.
CEO admits Williams could lose Russell
Jost Capito, the new Williams CEO, admits the British team could lose George Russell to Mercedes for 2022.
Missing Alpine launch doesn't matter says Alonso
It is travel restrictions that are preventing Fernando Alonso from attending the launch of his Formula 1 car for 2021 on Tuesday.
Hamilton, Mercedes could split after 2021 says Coronel
Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes could go their separate ways after the 2021 season, according to well-known Dutch racing driver Tom Coronel.
F1 fans finding controversy everywhere says Popov
Formula 1 is falling victim to "people who are finding controversy everywhere".
Formula E acceleration will beat F1 car says Agag
The next generation Formula E car should be able to beat a Formula 1 car off the line, according to series boss Alejandro Agag.
MARCH 1, 2021
Teams to get more engine freedom in 2025
Manufacturers will get more freedom to experiment in the area of energy recovery under the new rules for 2025.
F1 turns down vaccine offer amid $400m loss
Formula 1 has turned down an offer to get closer to its pre-covid days by getting vaccinated by the Bahraini government.
Ferrari waiting for sprint race details
Two more F1 drivers have urged Formula 1 to proceed with caution with the 'sprint race' trials in 2021.
Alonso to sit out Alpine launch
Fernando Alonso will sit out the launch of Alpine's 2021 car.
Binotto won't attend all races in 2021
Mattia Binotto has confirmed reports that he will not attend every race in 2021.
Nothing mysterious about 2021 Red Bull says Marko
Dr Helmut Marko has denied that Red Bull is being highly secretive about its 2021 car.
Sainz plays down 18-inch tyre test crash reports
Carlos Sainz has played down reports that he crashed last week whilst testing Ferrari's new-for-2022 18-inch tyres.
Schumacher hits back at racism criticism
Mick Schumacher says his stance about racism has been "misinterpreted".
Binotto won't lead Ferrari's Le Mans program
Mattia Binotto says he will not be in charge of Ferrari's new Le Mans program for 2023.
Magnussen not missing strange F1 atmosphere
Kevin Magnussen says he is not yet missing the "strange atmosphere" of Formula 1.