Formula One News — December 2020
DECEMBER 12, 2020
7-year-old son asks Grosjean to quit racing
Romain Grosjean says his seven-year-old son has asked the former Haas driver to quit motor racing.
Magnussen unable to attend major court dates
Kevin Magnussen says he would have liked to return to his native Denmark earlier this week - for a court case.
Future of cancelled Vietnam GP bleak
The final nail may have been hammered into the ill-fated Vietnam GP.
Nyck de Vries defends Mazepin amid reputation
Nyck de Vries, a works Mercedes driver in Formula E, has defended 2021 Formula 1 rookie Nikita Mazepin.
DECEMBER 11, 2020
Friday Report - Deleted
Abu Dhabi GP - Friday Report
Friday Photos
Abu Dhabi GP - Friday Photos
Friday Press Conference
Abu Dhabi GP - Friday Press Conference
Friday Team Quotes
Abu Dhabi GP - Friday Team Quotes
Practice 2 Results
Abu Dhabi GP - Practice 2 Results
Practice 1 Results
Abu Dhabi GP - Practice 1 Results
Russell, Bottas say 2021 contracts unchanged
George Russell and Valtteri Bottas have bucked the speculation by suggesting their respective contracts for 2021 will proceed as planned.
No logic behind Ferrari test ban says Sainz
There is "no logic" to the FIA's decision to allow some experienced drivers to test after the Abu Dhabi finale but not others.
Ferrari stuns F1 paddock with management news
Ferrari has stunned the F1 paddock in Abu Dhabi with the latest news about its upper management.
Kvyat unsure why Tsunoda announcement taking so long
Several drivers are waiting for Red Bull to finally announce its Formula 1 driver lineups for 2021.
No early Haas debut for Schumacher due to pressure
Promoting Mick Schumacher to the race cockpit this weekend in Abu Dhabi would have put "too much pressure" on the new Formula 2 champion.
Ocon not afraid of 2021 teammate Alonso
Esteban Ocon insists he is "not afraid" of Fernando Alonso.
Montreal wants spectators at 2021 GP
Race promoter Francois Dumontier says the plan is for spectators to attend next June's Canadian GP.
Wolff not stepping down as Mercedes team boss
Toto Wolff has ended any lingering uncertainty about his role in Formula 1 by confirming that he is staying put for 2021.
Teammates say Grosjean incredible on fast lap
Two former teammates have farewelled Romain Grosjean from Formula 1 by saying the Frenchman was impressively fast over a single lap.
Schumacher treated to return to normal life says Todt
F1 legend Michael Schumacher is being "treated" so that he can "return to a more normal life".
DECEMBER 10, 2020
Marko plays down Perez, Russell rumours
Red Bull has denied that it will rush to snap up Sergio Perez after the out-of-work Mexican secured his first Formula 1 race win in Bahrain last Sunday.
Wolff curious to see Ocon's next steps in F1
Toto Wolff says he is "curious" to observe the next developments in Esteban Ocon's Formula 1 career.
No young driver test for Sainz or Vettel
Current Formula 1 drivers have been told by the FIA that they are not eligible to do the 'young driver test' in Abu Dhabi after this weekend's 2020 finale.
Russians defend Mazepin amid groping scandal
A prominent Russian motor racing official has defended 2021 Haas rookie Nikita Mazepin amid a scandal accusing the 21-year-old driver of 'groping' a friend.