Latest Formula One News

FEBRUARY 25, 2022

Mazepin plays down F1 impact of Russia-Ukraine crisis

Nikita Mazepin has played down the impact that the new Russia-Ukraine conflict could have on Formula 1.

FEBRUARY 24, 2022

Age a factor in next Hamilton-Verstappen battle

Lewis Hamilton says he is yet to bump into his championship nemesis Max Verstappen in 2022.

Andretti needs a billion for F1 entry says Wolff

A $200 million fee will not be enough to convince existing Formula 1 teams to open the door to an eleventh competitor like Andretti.

FEBRUARY 23, 2022

Brown hails Red Bull's mammoth F1 sponsorships

It is "great" that Red Bull is raking in the millions as a result of Max Verstappen winning the 2021 world championship.

Tsunoda admits to being lazy in 2021

Yuki Tsunoda admits his big lesson from his debut season in Formula 1 last year was to stop being so "lazy".

Alfa Romeo more independent under 2022 rules

Alfa Romeo is taking a "step by step" approach to take more control of its own destiny in Formula 1.

Ecclestone would have helped Verstappen says Tarquini

A Bernie Ecclestone-run Formula 1 would have seen Max Verstappen crowned champion "much earlier".

Alpine CEO defends ousting F1 legend Prost

Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi has no regrets after F1 legend Alain Prost left his post as a key team advisor and executive.

Mercedes must calibrate new driver pairing

The jury is out as to how hard team newcomer George Russell will be able to push Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes this year.

F1 monitoring Russia-Ukraine war crisis

Formula 1 and the FIA are monitoring the escalating situation on the Russian-Ukrainian border, according to a source.

FEBRUARY 22, 2022

Alonso hints at new F1 contract for 2023

Fernando Alonso thinks he might stay in Formula 1 at least for another couple of years.

Title finale drama not Max's fault says Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton says he has no hard feelings after his intense 2021 title battle ended in controversy and acrimony.

Nothing bad about 2021 finale says Alonso

Fernando Alonso has played down the ongoing drama surrounding the way last year's championship finale played out.

Ten teams enough for F1 says Wolff

Toto Wolff sounds reluctant to open the door to Formula 1 to budding new applicant Michael Andretti.

FEBRUARY 21, 2022

FIA plays down Andretti's F1 entry plan for 2024

The sport's governing body has played down reports that Michael Andretti is still pushing to put together a Formula 1 team.

Mercedes did not force Masi out says Wolff

Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes did not use threats to see Michael Masi removed as Formula 1 race director.

Alpine CEO not ruling out white F1 livery

The tantalising prospect of a white 2022 livery is not being ruled out by Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi.

Ferrari prepared to copy other teams in 2022

Mattia Binotto is not ruling out Ferrari deciding to "copy" certain technical innovations once the full field of all-new cars for 2022 gets up and racing.

FEBRUARY 18, 2022

Mercedes reveals W13

Mercedes unveiled its new 2022 challenger the W13 today.

No double diffuser loopholes with new cars

Formula 1 has avoided a new 'double diffuser' situation with its new 2022 regulations, according to the FIA.

Covid still endangering Japanese GP?

We reported this week that Melbourne, Montreal and Sochi may all be in doubt due to respective covid, political and conflict-related issues - and now Suzuka may also be in trouble.

Masi axe a gift on Mercedes launch day

Mattia Binotto has backed the FIA's decision to axe under-fire Formula 1 race director Michael Masi.

Talks underway as radical Ferrari revealed

Talks between Carlos Sainz and Ferrari are already underway.

FEBRUARY 17, 2022

Drivers hope F1's covid era now ending

Two Formula 1 drivers are hoping the race calendar goes off without a hitch in 2022.