Formula One News — November 2019
NOVEMBER 8, 2019
Dutch GP proud to fend off environmental attacks
Jan Lammers says he is "proud" that Dutch GP organisers have so far fended off strong environmental opposition to next year's Zandvoort race.
NOVEMBER 7, 2019
Mercedes, Honda unsure why Ferrari engine slower in US
Mercedes and Honda have stopped short of joining Max Verstappen in accusing Ferrari of "cheating" with its 2019 power unit.
Wolff vows to re-assess Bottas one-year deals
Toto Wolff has vowed to look into the way Valtteri Bottas' contract uncertainty affects his mid-season performance.
Hulkenberg linked with Indycar switch for 2020
Having slammed reports he is set to switch to DTM, Nico Hulkenberg is now being linked with an Indycar drive for 2020.
Owner still supportive amid Haas struggles
Gene Haas "understands" the struggles of his Formula 1 team in 2019, according to team racer Romain Grosjean.
Wolff admits F1 could scrap 2020 Pirelli tyres
Toto Wolff has confirmed reports that Formula 1 could abandon Pirelli's 2020 tyres.
Austin does not fear second US race in Miami
A grand prix in Miami would only make the existing US GP in Austin "stronger".
Canada GP boss opposed two-day F1 weekend idea
Francois Dumontier has admitted he campaigned against F1's deliberations to slash the race weekend format to just two days.
NOVEMBER 6, 2019
Prost predicts Ferrari driver conflicts in 2020
F1 legend Alain Prost thinks tougher times could be ahead for Ferrari as Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc grapple for number 1 status.
Williams do not deserve budget cap says Villeneuve
Jacques Villeneuve says a team like Williams "do not deserve" a budget cap.
F1 could scrap Pirelli's 2020 tyres
Pirelli could scrap its proposed 2020 tyres.
Ferrari not ready to sign up for 2021 says Camilleri
Ferrari is a long way from being ready to sign up for the 2021 season, CEO Louis Camilleri has confirmed.
Alfa Romeo parent not satisfied with 2019 results
Fiat Chrysler, which is Alfa Romeo's parent company, has endorsed the re-signing of Antonio Giovinazzi for 2020.
Hamilton and Verstappen agreed to stop media war
Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton have "agreed" to stop bickering in the media.
No room for Ricciardo if Renault quits F1 says Marko
There is "no room" for Daniel Ricciardo at Red Bull-Honda in the event that Renault decides to quit Formula 1 at the end of the season.
Binotto threatened Red Bull with legal action?
Mattia Binotto confronted Christian Horner after the US GP and threatened him with legal action, according to the Spanish source Motorlat.
NOVEMBER 5, 2019
F1 teams free to not sign new Concorde says Abiteboul
Cyril Abiteboul does not think a new Concorde Agreement will be quickly signed by the ten Formula 1 teams.
Masi unsure if FIA ruling hurt Ferrari power
Race director Michael Masi says he has "no idea" if the FIA's clarification of the engine rules hurt Ferrari's performance in Austin.
Mercedes able to replace Hamilton says Wolff
Toto Wolff says Mercedes could cope if Lewis Hamilton decided to switch to Ferrari.
Verstappen's cheating accusation understandable says father
Jos Verstappen says it is "understandable" that his son Max accused Ferrari of cheating.
Montezemolo says Hamilton now a F1 great
Former Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo says Lewis Hamilton is a Formula 1 "great".
Haas could offer Kubica race seat for 2021
Haas team boss Gunther Steiner says he remains very keen to sign up Robert Kubica for 2020 and beyond.
New Indy owner eyes F1 return
Another potential candidate for a second grand prix in the United States may have emerged.
Dutch GP preparations on schedule
Preparations for the 2020 Dutch GP are on schedule, race spokesman and former F1 driver Jan Lammers insists.