Formula One News — May 2022

MAY 5, 2022

VW eyes German drivers for 2026 F1 projects

Volkswagen will try to reignite Germany's love affair with Formula 1.

MAY 4, 2022

Newey thinks F1 should ban wind tunnels

Adrian Newey thinks wind tunnels should be banned from Formula 1.

Hamilton in F1 generational change says Haug

Lewis Hamilton is in the middle of a "generational change" in Formula 1, according to former driver Ralf Schumacher and ex-Mercedes boss Norbert Haug.

Williams could make driver change this year

Williams could soon make a key race driver change, according to former F1 race winner Ralf Schumacher.

Wolff moves to end Verstappen feud

Toto Wolff took a step towards ending a feud with the Verstappen camp at the recent Formula 1 race at Imola.

China could have three F1 races says Wolff

There is room in Formula 1 for as many as three separate grands prix in China, according to Toto Wolff.

MAY 3, 2022

Wolff pins hopes on back-to-back car upgrades

Mercedes hopes back-to-back car upgrades at the next two grands prix will help cure the terminal 'porpoising' issue that has derailed the reigning constructors' world champions 2022 season so far.

Porsche, Audi start F1 engine development says VW CEO

Volkswagen CEO Herbert Diess says not every one of the German carmaker giant's board members is happy about Porsche and Audi entering Formula 1 in 2026.

MAY 2, 2022

Only Norris in top F1 drivers league says Marko

Dr Helmut Marko has named who he believes is the "only driver" now in Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc's league in Formula 1.

Sainz denies struggling with Ferrari pressure

Carlos Sainz has hit back at the notion that he is struggling with the pressure of driving a competitive Ferrari.

Tost questions Gasly's next F1 move

Franz Tost does not think a change of teams for Pierre Gasly would necessarily move him up the Formula 1 grid.

Schumacher not used to overtaking says Steiner

Mick Schumacher is adjusting to life with a faster Formula 1 car.

Miami F1 team boss parade idea scrapped

Formula 1 has rejected a push to organise a 'team boss parade' ahead of the inaugural and highly anticipated Miami GP.