No more risky runs in historic F1 cars says Leclerc

JUNE 8, 2022

No more risky runs in historic F1 cars says Leclerc

Charles Leclerc, Miami GP 2022
© Ferrari

Charles Leclerc says he will not be doing any more running at the wheel of historic Formula 1 cars this year.

Recently, the Monaco local appeared at the wheel of Niki Lauda's 1974 Ferrari for a series of demonstration runs - before crashing at Rascasse.

"The brakes were suddenly gone and I couldn't prevent the spin," Leclerc said.

"Obviously the car had been checked before it was used, but as it turned out, a screw in the brake pads was defective. You can't prevent things like that," he added.

Therefore, the former 2022 world championship leader says he will not agree to driving any historic cars at least for the remainder of this year's season.

"I'm in a title fight and to be honest I'll think twice about getting into a historic car," said the 24-year-old.

"So that we understand each other correctly - I consider it an honour to be able to drive cars like that and I am also curious about such experiences," Leclerc insisted.

"But I have to carefully consider how much risk I can take. In the end I was just a little unlucky at Monaco."

(GMM)

Other stories for JUNE 8, 2022

TSUNODA LIKELY TO KEEP F1 SEAT SAYS MARKO

HAMILTON HOPES FOR PROGRESS BY SILVERSTONE

VETTEL PREFERS BATHURST OVER LAS VEGAS

MICK SCHUMACHER NOT OUTSTANDING LIKE FATHER

F1 WANTS TO END BUDGET CAP ROW BY CANADA

TOP 3 IN WORLD OF THEIR OWN IN 2022 SAYS GASLY

ANDRETTI SLAMS WOLFF OVER F1 TEAM BID CRITICISM

NO MORE RISKY RUNS IN HISTORIC F1 CARS SAYS LECLERC

VERSTAPPEN'S INDY ARGUMENT A COP OUT SAYS ROSSI