Mercedes, Honda asked for party mode ban delay

AUGUST 24, 2020

Mercedes, Honda asked for party mode ban delay

Max Verstappen, Spanish GP 2020
© Red Bull

Mercedes and Honda pushed for the 'party mode' ban to be delayed until Monza, according to Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

It had been expected that the ban, restricting cars to a single engine mode for both qualifying and the race, would come into force for this weekend's race at Spa.

"The requests from Mercedes and Honda were decisive," the Italian sports newspaper declared when explaining the one-week delay.

The report said Mercedes and Honda engineers argued successfully that they needed "more time on the test bench in order to comply with the new provisions".

(GMM)

Other stories for AUGUST 24, 2020

TEAMS WORRIED ABOUT RETURN OF F1 SPECTATORS

F1 MUST PRESSURE PIRELLI FOR BETTER TYRES SAYS HAMILTON

MERCEDES, HONDA ASKED FOR PARTY MODE BAN DELAY

HULKENBERG TO TURN DOWN MERCEDES RESERVE ROLE

MARKO WANTS TELEMETRY AND RADIOS BANNED IN F1

WILLIAMS WAS SOLD FOR EUR 152 MILLION

WOLFF DENIES FLEXIBLE REAR WING CLAIMS

BERGER ADVISES VETTEL TO SAY BYE TO F1