Wehrlein plays down F1 return rumours

OCTOBER 26, 2019

Wehrlein plays down F1 return rumours

Pascal Wehrlein is not getting too excited about the prospect of a return to Formula 1.

The former Sauber and Manor driver has been closely linked with a potential new team for 2021, thanks to his association with Adrian Campos and a Monaco management firm.

"First of all, I'm not really looking at Formula 1 beyond my job with Ferrari," the 25-year-old told Germany's Auto Bild.

"I'm in a very good position with Formula E and the simulator job with Ferrari. I'm busy and having a lot of fun at the same time.

"Let's see what happens later. It's good if my name is being associated with that, but so far nothing is set in stone," Wehrlein added.

"The (team) licenses need to be awarded first so it's not something I am worrying about."

(GMM)

Other stories for OCTOBER 26, 2019

QUALIFYING REPORT - ONLY THE SECOND

SATURDAY PHOTOS

SATURDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

SATURDAY TEAM QUOTES

QUALIFYING RESULTS

PRACTICE 3 REPORT - THE FRANTIC DOZEN

PRACTICE 3 RESULTS

ABITEBOUL ADMITS RENAULT COULD QUIT F1

FERRARI POWER ADVANTAGE AMAZING SAYS VERSTAPPEN

F1 REJECTS PROPOSED 2022 DELAY FOR NEW RULES

GREEN ISSUE IS BIGGEST THREAT TO F1

RENAULT SLAMS RACING POINT OVER BRAKE BIAS PROTEST

PIRELLI CRITICISES F1 OVER NEW TYRE WEAR GRAPHIC

ZANDVOORT GRANTED PERMIT FOR DUTCH GP UPGRADE

WEHRLEIN PLAYS DOWN F1 RETURN RUMOURS