Massa, Nasr worried over Brazil GP future

SEPTEMBER 30, 2016

Massa, Nasr worried over Brazil GP future

F1's two Brazilian drivers are worried amid speculation Interlagos could fall off the race calendar.

Recently, Brazilian grand prix promoter Tamas Rohonyi criticised Felipe Massa for suggesting the future of the race in Sao Paulo was in doubt.

But then the FIA this week published its 2017 calendar showing Brazil with mere provisional status.

"I had just answered a question," Massa told Brazil's Globo, when asked about Rohonyi's criticism.

"I have no idea about the terms of the contract, how it works, I just said that because of the difficult times in Brazil there is a chance of this happening."

Race organisers hit back at the FIA's provisional status by insisting Interlagos has a valid contract.

Massa said: "I said the risk is independent of whether you have a contract or not. Germany has a contract and we were not there last year.

"For Bernie to start talking, putting pressure, we know that something is going on, and now the calendar comes out with a question mark," he added.

Also worried about the future is Sauber driver Felipe Nasr.

"I had heard rumours about the race," he is quoted by UOL. "It would be very sad to lose a race with so much history in formula one, not just for us drivers but also for the audience.

"For me, it would be a huge loss," said Nasr.

(GMM)

Other stories for SEPTEMBER 30, 2016

HAMILTON RESPECTS ROSBERG MORE NOW SAYS WOLFF

PORTUGAL EYES F1 RETURN

VETTEL NOT YET IMPRESSED WITH 2017 TYRES

BOTTAS SAYS FUTURE LOOKS POSITIVE

MASSA, NASR WORRIED OVER BRAZIL GP FUTURE

ALONSO RECOMMENDS SAINZ FOR MCLAREN FUTURE

HAAS WAITING FOR DRIVER SILLY SEASON

VERSTAPPEN MADE RICCIARDO BETTER DRIVER

SAUBER NEEDS RESERVE DRIVER IN 2017

RENAULT DRIVERS STILL IN DARK OVER FUTURE

HOCKENHEIM SAYS NO 2017 CONTRACT YET

PRACTICE 2 REPORT - EDGED OUT

FRIDAY PHOTOS

FRIDAY TEAM QUOTES

FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

PRACTICE 2 RESULTS

PRACTICE 1 REPORT - FIRE!

PRACTICE 1 RESULTS