Hockenheim says no 2017 contract yet

SEPTEMBER 30, 2016

Hockenheim says no 2017 contract yet

Track boss Georg Seiler says Hockenheim does not yet have a contract to host the German grand prix in 2017.

Earlier this week, the FIA published a race calendar for next year featuring a provisional race date for the track.

It is rumoured Bernie Ecclestone could become the semi-promoter of the race, taking ticket receipts in exchange for a lower race fee.

Hockenheim chief Seiler said clarity in the situation will take "a few weeks", but insisting that he will not accept the situation where the track could make "a loss".

"At the moment we do not have a contract for 2017," he told the German news agency SID.

(GMM)

Other stories for SEPTEMBER 30, 2016

HAMILTON RESPECTS ROSBERG MORE NOW SAYS WOLFF

PORTUGAL EYES F1 RETURN

VETTEL NOT YET IMPRESSED WITH 2017 TYRES

BOTTAS SAYS FUTURE LOOKS POSITIVE

MASSA, NASR WORRIED OVER BRAZIL GP FUTURE

ALONSO RECOMMENDS SAINZ FOR MCLAREN FUTURE

HAAS WAITING FOR DRIVER SILLY SEASON

VERSTAPPEN MADE RICCIARDO BETTER DRIVER

SAUBER NEEDS RESERVE DRIVER IN 2017

RENAULT DRIVERS STILL IN DARK OVER FUTURE

HOCKENHEIM SAYS NO 2017 CONTRACT YET

PRACTICE 2 REPORT - EDGED OUT

FRIDAY PHOTOS

FRIDAY TEAM QUOTES

FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

PRACTICE 2 RESULTS

PRACTICE 1 REPORT - FIRE!

PRACTICE 1 RESULTS