Formula One News — October 2020
OCTOBER 19, 2020
Vettel should retire and be F1 ambassador says Stewart
Sir Jackie Stewart says he will be "happy" once Sebastian Vettel decides to hang up his helmet.
No negotiations with Hulkenberg yet says Steiner
Gunther Steiner says he is not actively negotiating with Nico Hulkenberg about a Haas seat for 2021.
Journalist backtracks over Ferrari conflict claims
A respected Italian journalist has backtracked after claiming that top members of Ferrari's management team are at war.
Stroll back to normal for Portugal
Racing Point thinks Lance Stroll will be "back in the car as normal" this weekend in Portugal.
Racing Point says McLaren, Renault also copied Mercedes
Racing Point is not the only team that 'copies' the concepts of their dominant rival Mercedes.
Portugal reducing spectator numbers for F1 race
Portimao is having to reduce the number of spectators allowed into the circuit this weekend.
Leclerc's brother not rushing on road to F1
Charles Leclerc's brother says he is not yet dreaming about racing in Formula 1.
OCTOBER 16, 2020
Wolff admits Mercedes 2020 car development stopped
Toto Wolff has revealed that Mercedes has ceased development of its 2020 car.
Abiteboul defends Ocon amid 2021 rumours
Esteban Ocon "should not be ashamed" of his performance at Renault so far in 2020.
Binotto rules out reverting to 2019 Ferrari car
Ferrari is focusing its efforts on improving the rear of its current car for 2021.
Istanbul wants full-time return to F1
Istanbul Park wants Turkey to return full-time to the Formula 1 calendar.
Shwartzman hopes Friday debut goes ahead in Abu Dhabi
Robert Shwartzman says he hopes his Friday practice debut in Abu Dhabi will go ahead as scheduled.
Rio hits back at Hamilton's F1 project opposition
A spokesperson has hit back at Lewis Hamilton's opposition to a new grand prix going ahead near Rio de Janeiro.
Both Haas seats more or less taken for 2021 says Marko
Haas has "more or less" already decided who will drive for the small American team in 2021.
OCTOBER 15, 2020
Bottas needs miracle to win 2020 title
Valtteri Bottas admits he needs a "miracle" to beat his Mercedes teammate to the 2020 title.
Seidl denies McLaren needs prize money boost
Andreas Seidl has defended McLaren's latest car developments.
Honda's F1 boss explains decision to stay in Indycar
Honda has defended its decision to pull out of Formula 1 whilst at the same time extending its commitment to the Indycar series.
Still no engine talks with Red Bull says Abiteboul
Cyril Abiteboul says Red Bull is still yet to ask about a supply of customer engines for 2022.
Daimler to slash Mercedes F1 budget
Daimler, the dominant Mercedes team's carmaker parent, intends to slash the amount of money it spends on Formula 1.
Portimao paying much lower price for F1 race
Portimao is paying a "much lower" price for joining the Formula 1 calendar in 2020.
OCTOBER 14, 2020
Oversupply of drivers seeking seats says Hulkenberg
Nico Hulkenberg is not hopeful he will return to Formula 1 full-time next year.
Alonso admits not back to full speed in F1 car
Fernando Alonso is not worried about failing to get back up to speed ahead of his return from a two-year sabbatical in 2021.
Albon, Ocon, Russell heat up 2021 driver market
F1's 2021 driver market is hotting up once again.
Verstappen not frustrated with 2020 season
Max Verstappen insists he is not getting "frustrated" even if wins remain out of his reach at present.