Perez all signed up for 2017 says Mallya
Honda F1 website
Honda website

JULY 9, 2016

Perez all signed up for 2017 says Mallya

Force India supremo Vijay Mallya says Sergio Perez is definitely staying at the Silverstone based team in 2017.

Earlier at Silverstone, Mexican Perez - who had been linked with the now re-signed Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari seat - said he would not turn his mind to next season until the summer break.

"At some point I will see what options I have on the market and make the best decision, but it's a good situation to have options," he said.

But according to Mallya, who amid his Indian legal troubles is making a rare paddock appearance this weekend, Perez was actually signed up for 2017 a week ago.

"We are very happy with Nico (Hulkenberg) and Checo," said the former Indian billionaire.

"We used to wait almost to the onset of winter before we announced our driver lineup but this time we signed both for 2017 well in advance -± and of course today's announcement by Ferrari put to rest a lot of speculation that has been taking place in the last several weeks," added Mallya.

(GMM)

Other stories for JULY 9, 2016

QUALIFYING REPORT - EXCEEDING THE LIMITS

SATURDAY PHOTOS

SATURDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

SATURDAY TEAM QUOTES

QUALIFYING RESULTS

PEREZ ALL SIGNED UP FOR 2017 SAYS MALLYA

RAIKKONEN KEEPS FERRARI BALANCED SAYS STEWART

GOOD NEWS FINALLY FLOWING AT SAUBER

KVYAT NOT WILLING TO PREDICT TORO ROSSO SEAT

WILLIAMS DUO PLAYS DOWN RAIKKONEN NEWS IMPACT

HAMILTON PROMPTED LAUDA COMMENTS U-TURN

FIA UNMOVED OVER RADIO SAFETY ARGUMENT

BUTTON HINTS AT POSSIBLE MCLAREN EXIT

HALO COULD BE DELAYED UNTIL 2018?

PRACTICE 3 REPORT - EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

PRACTICE 3 RESULTS