APRIL 1, 2016
Paddock Snapchat ban for Hamilton
Bernie Ecclestone has banned Lewis Hamilton from filming footage for his increasingly notorious 'Snapchat' videos inside the F1 paddock.
The reigning world champion has taken to summarising his global travels with the social media app, ranging from his famous motorcycle 'selfie' in Australia to bizarre footage of himself sitting on an airplane toilet last week.
But according to Bild newspaper, F1 supremo Ecclestone has made it clear that the Mercedes driver must not film footage inside the paddock.
"My team has informed me that this is not allowed," Hamilton, 31, confirmed.
Led by Ecclestone, F1 is famously protective of its highly-exclusive video rights, with broadcasters paying millions in annual license fees.
However, while disappointed about the video ban, Hamilton said he is determined to continue to express his unique personality, even though he has critics.
"It doesn't bother me what people say," said the Briton.
"When I was younger I held more back, but as I separated from my father as my manager I got my first tattoo and the move to Mercedes was the decisive step to showing who I am."
He continued to explain to Germany's Auto Bild: "I remember at the beginning of my career Ron (Dennis) told me it was time to get a haircut. If someone told me to do that again I wouldn't, but at Mercedes nobody does anyway.
"It was a process that makes me the man I am today. And everyone is different," Hamilton added.