Sainz unfazed by low media profile
Honda F1 website
Honda website

NOVEMBER 25, 2016

Sainz unfazed by low media profile

Carlos Sainz says his low profile in the international media does not bother him.

Since debuting last year, the Spaniard has gained the respect of the F1 paddock but it is Max Verstappen who got the call up to Red Bull's senior team as well as the high-profile comparisons to greats like Ayrton Senna.

When asked if his comparatively low profile bothers him, Toro Rosso driver Sainz answered: "I know that those in the team and around me are very happy.

"If the international press doesn't talk about it, it matters little to me because I know formula one and the people who know say I have been good enough, or better than good enough," the 22-year-old is quoted by Marca newspaper.

Sainz was also asked about the possible poaching of Toro Rosso technical boss James Key by Ferrari.

He said: "In F1 there are always rumours in the press, sometimes just to create some tension.

"But James has always had a contract with Red Bull and Toro Rosso and so, unless something strange happens, I don't think it will change.

"Anyway, he has already designed the 2017 car almost completely, so I'm calm," Sainz added.

(GMM)

Other stories for NOVEMBER 25, 2016

PRACTICE 2 REPORT - CLOSE ENOUGH

FRIDAY PHOTOS

FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

FRIDAY TEAM QUOTES

PRACTICE 2 RESULTS

BUTTON SAYS ABU DHABI - MY LAST RACE

HAMILTON HANDSHAKE SNUB NOT DELIBERATE SAYS ROSBERG

RENAULT RECOMMENDED MAGNUSSEN TO HAAS

DENNIS EXIT HEALTHY FOR MCLAREN SAYS MAGNUSSEN

NASR LOSES BANCO DO BRASIL BACKING

WEHRLEIN HINTS AT 2017 DEAL

SAINZ UNFAZED BY LOW MEDIA PROFILE

PEREZ NOT OPEN TO SPONSOR RECONCILIATION

PRACTICE 1 REPORT - THE BEGINNING OF THE END

PRACTICE 1 RESULTS

2017 TO BE TRANSITION YEAR FOR TYRES SAYS HEMBERY

HOCKENHEIM CONFIRMS NO GRAND PRIX IN 2017