JULY 13, 2015
Verstappen, Ricciardo play down Ferrari talk
Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo now appear out of the running for the Ferrari seat in 2016.
The pair had been linked with struggling Kimi Raikkonen's place, but Toro Rosso teenager Verstappen's father Jos insisted: "We have not been approached by Ferrari.
"And if they are interested," he told De Telegraaf newspaper, "that's a nice compliment for Max but nothing more. After all, we have a contract with Red Bull."
So, too, does Ricciardo, but the Australian laughed when asked by F1's official website if his manager could have held talks with Maranello chiefs.
"I am my manager," he said. "I haven't had any talks -- we've had indirect talks through the media I guess!
"Obviously it is nice to be regarded by a top team like that -- it's nice to know there is interest from other teams as well. But I am with a top team too," Ricciardo added.
However, Ricciardo's predecessor at Red Bull Racing, countryman Mark Webber, thinks that if the team does not improve in 2016, the speculation about a possible switch will return.
"He's sensational quality," Webber told The Age newspaper.
"He's got to weather the storm at the moment and do well and get himself in a better situation in the future and start getting those wins again and put a championship campaign together.
"The middle of next year he's got some decisions to make," Webber added.