Perez expecting decade in F1

JULY 13, 2015

Perez expecting decade in F1

Sergio Perez is expecting to spend at least another decade in formula one.

But the Mexican was also quoted by the Spanish news agency EFE as admitting he is not sure if he will stay at Force India beyond 2015.

That is despite the fact that, after a difficult first half of the season, things are now looking better after the Silverstone based team debuted the 'B' car.

"Everything will be better now," said the Mexican, having complained earlier this year about waning motivation.

Asked about his future, 25-year-old Perez said during the FIA events in Mexico City: "I think I have at least ten years more (in F1) ahead of me."

He said he is not sure where he will be specifically in 2016, "but I know it will be in formula one because I still have a lot to give. But I don't know where."

(GMM)

Other stories for JULY 13, 2015

2016 GERMAN GP RETURN NEVER IN DOUBT

LOPEZ SET FOR RENAULT TALKS IN HUNGARY?

BUTTON, VANDOORNE EYE SAME F1 SEATS FOR 2016

LAUDA DENIES LACKING RESPECT FOR FERRARI

F1 TAKES ANOTHER STEP TOWARDS EUROPEAN INVESTIGATION

PUT EVERYTHING UNDER RULE-CHANGE MICROSCOPE SAYS LAUDA

PEREZ EXPECTING DECADE IN F1

MCLAREN SHOULD BE RUING TITLE SPONSOR STANCE

VERSTAPPEN, RICCIARDO PLAY DOWN FERRARI TALK