Time will come for Ocon after Lotus snub
Honda F1 website
Honda website

JANUARY 22, 2015

Time will come for Ocon after Lotus snub

F1 hopeful Esteban Ocon might be forgiven for feeling disappointed about the latest signing at Lotus.

The 18-year-old Frenchman beat the likes of Toro Rosso rookie Max Verstappen to the highly-respected FIA European F3 title last year.

At the same time, his stock was rising at Lotus, where he is under contract to the team-linked Gravity management arm.

He made his Friday practice debut at the Abu Dhabi finale, being only narrowly outpaced by Pastor Maldonado and looking set to become the Enstone team's official reserve driver for 2015.

But at the eleventh hour, that coveted role in fact went to the new GP2 champion, Jolyon Palmer.

After Palmer's signing, Ocon said on Twitter: "Doesn't matter when, my time will come.

"Whatever I will do this year I can promise I will give 200pc dedication to win."

(GMM)

Other stories for JANUARY 22, 2015

STREIFF SUED FOR BIANCHI REPORT SLAM

FORCE INDIA SHOWS 2015 CHASSIS

LAUDA SAYS HAMILTON CONTRACT REPORTS ARE NONSENSE

TOTO WOLFF INJURES KNEE IN TRAINING FALL

ECCLESTONE HOPEFUL BUT HAAS NOT RESCUING MARUSSIA

TIME WILL COME FOR OCON AFTER LOTUS SNUB

DOMINANT MERCEDES STRESSED AHEAD OF 2015 SAYS LAUDA

FERRARI MUST IMPROVE AFTER DIFFICULT START SAYS ELKANN

F1 MIGHT NOT RACE IN GERMANY THIS YEAR SAYS ECCLESTONE