MAY 9, 2015
Susie Wolff to rethink F1 role after Silverstone
Susie Wolff is expected to rethink her role at Williams after Silverstone.
On Friday, the 32-year-old test driver made her opening Friday practice appearance of 2015 for the British team, and she will reprise the role at Silverstone in July.
But earlier in 2015, Wolff admitted her disappointment when Williams made clear that she is not the 'reserve driver' -- that role was handed instead to Adrian Sutil amid Valtteri Bottas' back problems.
"I am in no way bitter about what happened," she insisted in Barcelona. "Yes I was disappointed, but this is a tough environment. I was well aware it was going to be a tough fight and it is."
However, much is made about Wolff being the closest female to actually racing in F1 at present, but after the Sutil incident she said she actually feels "very far away" from lining up on the grid.
It is believed Wolff, whose husband is the Mercedes team boss Toto, will complete her second Friday outing in July "and then see where that brings me".
"I am not someone who lets my head get down," she insisted. "I am completely realistic.
"If I did not think I was capable of racing at this level I would be the first to take myself out of the game," Wolff said. "I 100 per cent believe a woman can compete at this level.
"In the same respect, I've always said that if I cannot make progress and I cannot improve, I would be the first one to hang up my helmet.
"I'm not going to keep pushing hard if I don't see any opportunities," she added.