MAY 28, 2016
Grosjean moves on from 2015 Verstappen shunt
Romain Grosjean insists there are no hard feelings between himself and Max Verstappen, a year after their scary Monaco crash.
In a rare mistake for the teen Dutchman, Verstappen slammed at high speed into Grosjean's Lotus and then the Ste Devote barriers during last year's race.
Speaking to the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf a year later, Frenchman Grosjean dismissed the incident on the basis that "s--- happens".
"In my mind, Max made an error typical of a rookie season," said the now Haas driver on Friday. "I found it annoying that he didn't apologise but Max is a nice boy. And he learned, just as I did before as well.
"I also came out stronger from setbacks that made me the driver I am now," explained Grosjean.
"After Monaco, he (Max) did not go over the limit but still showed many overtaking manoeuvres and other beautiful things," he said.