Formula One News — September 2024

SEPTEMBER 9, 2024

Russell not worried about Antonelli shootout

George Russell insists he is not worried he could be left without a Mercedes race seat for 2026.

Helping McLaren teammate will be Piastri investment

McLaren's task is to "balance" the interests of the team with the "selfishness" of its drivers, Oscar Piastri has admitted.

Audi contender Bortoleto gets first F1 test

Gabriel Bortoleto, a named contender to complete Audi-owned Sauber's 2025 driver lineup, got his Formula 1 career up and running last week.

FIA not easing anti-Russian pressure yet

Well over two years after the outbreak of the Ukraine conflict, F1's governing body is maintaining a strong anti-Russian sentiment.

Verstappen's engineer turned down F1 rival offers

Max Verstappen's well-known race engineer has reportedly turned down offers from both Ferrari and McLaren.

Partial sale to value Aston Martin team at $2.6bn

Aston Martin is set to capitalise on its rising prominence in Formula 1 by selling up to a quarter of the team.

SEPTEMBER 7, 2024

Michele forever!

On the Thursday before the Italian Grand Prix, a sculpture dedicated to Michele Alboreto was unveiled in Monza. The Italian driver tragically died while testing at the Lausitzring, on April 25, 2001, and as a tribute to him, an iron sculpture, from Italian artist Lorenzo Martinoli, was unveiled during the Italian Grand Prix weekend.

SEPTEMBER 6, 2024

Aston Martin denies Alonso's Valkyrie broke down

Aston Martin has dismissed widespread reports about the health of Fernando Alonso's new hypercar.

F1 to unveil new race-rotation scheme soon

Stefano Domenicali has teased that Formula 1 will soon boast "many" grands prix in Europe.

SEPTEMBER 5, 2024

Aston Martin set to announce Newey deal on Tuesday

Aston Martin has scheduled a press conference for next Tuesday, September 10.

Mere days left in Red Bull's option to retain Lawson

Even with an almost fully subscribed grid of drivers already signed up for 2025, the 'silly season' is still rumbling along.

F1 CEO coy about Barcelona GP survival beyond 2026

Formula 1's CEO insists it is possible that the sport's calendar can cope with two world championship rounds in Spain.

Renault F1 engine axe decision not final yet says CEO

Renault CEO Luca de Meo insists a final decision about the fate of the French carmaker's works Formula 1 engine program is yet to be taken.

SEPTEMBER 4, 2024

FIA cannot stop front wing flexing until 2025

Formula 1's governing body has given the controversial front wing designs of the rapidly-improved McLaren and Mercedes teams a clean bill of health.

Red Bull now working towards 2024 car fix

The departure of Adrian Newey is too simple an explanation for Red Bull's performance slide, team consultant Dr Helmut Marko insists.

Norris does not deserve number 1 status says Doornbos

Lando Norris does not deserve clear number 1 status within the McLaren team, even for his escalating title fight with Red Bull's Max Verstappen.

Stroll very excited at prospect of signing Newey

Aston Martin is no longer denying that Adrian Newey really could be set to join the Silverstone based team.

Mick Schumacher on our list, says Audi-Sauber boss

Another name or two can be added to the list of drivers linked with Audi-owned Sauber for 2025.

SEPTEMBER 3, 2024

Red Bull to look into McLaren-like flexible wing design

Red Bull looks set to reluctantly follow the lead of McLaren and Mercedes in terms of front wing design.

Ferrari yet to release Bearman to Haas for Baku

Ferrari is not yet ready to confirm that it will release its reserve driver for another one-off Formula 1 race.

Colapinto should prepare well for Singapore

Fernando Alonso has told Formula 1's newest rookie to prepare for more physical pain in 2024.

SEPTEMBER 2, 2024

Fire alarms screaming at Red Bull now says Berger

Gerhard Berger, a long-time friend and ally of the Red Bull brand, thinks the unrest surrounding the top F1 team this year has clearly "left its mark".

Marko jokingly hails McLaren's sporting principles

McLaren made a very bad Monza weekend for Red Bull just a little bit better, according to a sarcastic Dr Helmut Marko.

Horner, Ford CEO, meet to patch up broken relationship

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner and Ford CEO Jim Farley are beginning to patch up their fractured relationship.