Formula One News — May 2016
MAY 6, 2016
Red Bull helping, not harming Kvyat
Dr Helmut Marko says moving back to Toro Rosso will reduce pressure that Daniil Kvyat was struggling to cope with so far in 2016.
Verstappen not feeling pressure of F1 promotion
Max Verstappen insists he is not feeling the heat of his sudden promotion to Red Bull's senior F1 team.
Kvyat can still revive F1 career says Salo
Daniil Kvyat still has his supporters in formula one, despite being demoted by Red Bull after just four races in 2016.
Red Bull waiting to decide future with Renault
Red Bull is waiting until Canada before turning its attention to the future of its deal with engine supplier Renault.
2017 rules will not stop overtaking says Boullier
Eric Boullier has hit back at suggestions the 2017 regulations could actually hurt formula one.
Ferrari can still win 2016 title says Marchionne
Sergio Marchionne says Ferrari "deserves" to keep charging for the 2016 world championship.
Mercedes still investigating Hamilton failures
Mercedes has admitted it is still working on fixing the engine problems that have thwarted Lewis Hamilton's championship campaign so far in 2016.
Engineers leave Toro Rosso
Max Verstappen's race engineer has also left Toro Rosso.
MAY 5, 2016
Not all surprised with Kvyat demotion
The motor racing world reacted with surprise to the news of Daniil Kvyat's demotion.
Kvyat, Verstappen to swap seats for Barcelona
Red Bull Racing has ousted Daniil Kvyat and replaced him with Max Verstappen ahead of the Spanish grand prix next weekend.
Top teams in leadership move against Ecclestone
Mercedes and Red Bull have joined Ferrari in reportedly moving against F1's long-time 'supremo' Bernie Ecclestone.
Raikkonen under fire over motocross track
Kimi Raikkonen is under fire for building a motocross circuit on his land in Finland without obtaining the necessary permits.
Ecclestone tells Hamilton to stop moaning
Bernie Ecclestone has told reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton to stop "moaning".
Mercedes Sochi engines survived race
The engines used by Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton last Sunday at Sochi can be used again.
Dennis disputes new engine supply rule
Ron Dennis has reportedly warned that he will not accept a new FIA regulation regarding the supply of engines to customer teams.
Sauber staff waiting for wages again
Sauber's financial struggle rolls on, with the Swiss newspaper Blick reporting that team staff are now waiting for their April wages.
Renault seeks champion driver of 2020 says Vasseur
Frederic Vasseur says Renault is looking to re-create its glory of the past by building towards success with a promising new driver.
MotoGP hot on F1's heels says Marko
Dr Helmut Marko has acknowledged that F1 is coming under threat by its two-wheeled equivalent when it comes to being the best form of top motor racing.
Honda questions need for louder F1
Honda has questioned moves to further turn up the volume of F1's current 'power units'.
MAY 4, 2016
Mercedes in dark over Ferrari's true pace
Niki Lauda said Sebastian Vettel's first-lap retirement at Sochi means Mercedes is still in the dark about Ferrari's true pace.
Billionaire eyes Russian F1 team
A billionaire has admitted he would like to establish a Russian formula one team.
No testing for Sauber, Pirelli starts 2017 running
Sauber will sit out the first in-season test of the 2016 season after next weekend's Spanish grand prix.
Renault right to revive Magnussen's career
David Coulthard has hailed the performance of Kevin Magnussen after the Dane opened Renault's points account in Russia last weekend.
Cockpit shield may be delayed until 2018?
The introduction of cockpit-mounted head protection may need to wait until 2018, according to a report in Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.