Formula One News — October 2014
OCTOBER 6, 2014
Bianchi critical but stable
Jules Bianchi is in a "critical but stable" condition at the Mie hospital, located some 15 kilometres from Suzuka where on Sunday he crashed into a recovery vehicle.
Formula 1 holds breath for Bianchi
The collective world of formula one had a sleepless night after the Japanese grand prix as it worries about critically injured Jules Bianchi.
Questions being asked after Bianchi crash
With the extent of Jules Bianchi's injuries still unclear, F1 is already turning its attention to the controversial circumstances surrounding his accident that stopped the wet Japanese grand prix on Sunday.
Immediate success unlikely for Vettel at Ferrari says Lauda
Sebastian Vettel's move to Ferrari may be good for the Italian team, but not so good in the short term for the reigning world champion.
Race Report - A Dark Day
Japanese GP - Race Report
Sunday Photos
Japanese GP - Sunday Photos
OCTOBER 5, 2014
Long-time F1 driver Andrea de Cesaris dies in motorcycle street crash
Long-time former Formula 1 driver Andrea de Cesaris has died in a motorcycle crash in Rome, Italy today,
Bianchi undergoing operation for severe head injury
Jules Bianchi is undergoing surgery for a "severe head injury", F1's governing body has announced.
Bianchi believed to be critical after crash
Jules Bianchi's condition may be "critical" in the wake of his race-ending accident in the Japanese grand prix.
Bianchi taken to hospital after accident in Japanese GP
Jules Bianchi had a large accident at the Japanese GP when he hit a tractor that was in the process of removing Adrian Sutil's car that had previously gone off.
Race Notes - Hamilton wins Japanese GP over Rosberg
Japanese GP - Race Notes
Sunday Press Conference
Japanese GP - Sunday Press Conference
Sunday Team Quotes
Japanese GP - Sunday Team Quotes
Race Results
Japanese GP - Race Results
Vettel masterminded massive Ferrari deal
The word at Suzuka on race-day Sunday is that Sebastian Vettel pulled off a masterstroke.
Bianchi understands Ferrari signing Vettel
Jules Bianchi has acknowledged there will be no room for him at Ferrari in 2015.
Tost says Toro Rosso seat 99 percent for Sainz
Carlos Sainz jr is closing in on a Toro Rosso drive for 2015.
McLaren planning private Honda tests?
McLaren and Honda could be planning to run an interim F1 car outside the sport's officially-sanctioned test dates.
FIA admits Japan GP could be cancelled
Every eye is on the sky in the final hour before the Japanese grand prix.
Schumacher has made progress says Todt
Jean Todt has visited his friend Michael Schumacher since the F1 legend returned home after months in hospital and rehabilitation.
OCTOBER 4, 2014
Dennis says Alonso deal not done
Ron Dennis on Saturday hit back at suggestions Fernando Alonso's return to McLaren in 2015 is already a done deal.
Lauda rules out Mercedes move for Alonso
As the morning's sensational news heads into late afternoon at Suzuka, tongues are still wagging far and wide in the Suzuka paddock.
McLaren will take time to decide drivers
All eyes are on Ferrari and Fernando Alonso in the wake of Sebastian Vettel's shock news on Saturday.
Shock at Suzuka as Vettel leaves Red Bull
A wild rumour is now a certainty: Sebastian Vettel is leaving Red Bull to replace Fernando Alonso at Ferrari in 2015.