Vettel eyeing 2018 Mercedes deal says Berger
Honda F1 website
Honda website

DECEMBER 15, 2016

Vettel eyeing 2018 Mercedes deal says Berger

He will not replace Nico Rosberg in 2017, but the door to a future at Mercedes is a possibility for Fernando Alonso the year after.

That is the claim of Germany's Sport Bild, claiming that whoever Mercedes does sign to replace the retiring Rosberg will only get a one-year deal.

Still with his finger on the F1 pulse is Gerhard Berger, who earlier this year negotiated the new two-year Mercedes deal that Rosberg is now giving up.

The former Ferrari and McLaren driver said: "Suddenly Ferrari is feeling the pressure.

"Sebastian will closely monitor their progress and take his time in renewing his contract.

"I'm sure deep down he wants the chance to go with Mercedes in 2018," Berger added. "So Ferrari need to try to keep Vettel happy, so they don't lose him."

(GMM)

Other stories for DECEMBER 15, 2016

RACE STARTS TO BE EVEN HARDER IN 2017

ECCLESTONE ADMITS WORRYING ABOUT ROSBERG SUCCESSOR

SYMONDS NOT DENYING PADDY LOWE RUMOURS

F1 SHOULD CONSIDER NEW ENGINES FOR 2020 SAYS BRAWN

FERRARI LOSING ALLISON A MISTAKE SAYS SYMONDS

VETTEL EYEING 2018 MERCEDES DEAL SAYS BERGER

ROSBERG EYES ROLE AS DRIVER MANAGER