Verstappen worried about Red Bull for 2018
Honda F1 website
Honda website

JUNE 13, 2017

Verstappen worried about Red Bull for 2018

Max Verstappen says he is worried not only about Red Bull's performance this year, but also for 2018.

The young Dutchman is already under contract for next year, but after retiring in Montreal he insisted 2017 has been "completely crap" so far.

Team boss Christian Horner excused the 19-year-old, though.

"He knows how hard the team is pushing to make the car better. He'll see the big picture," the Briton said.

"We were racing against a Mercedes (in Canada) and we beat Ferrari. Max hasn't had the result but it's still a long season. His time will come," Horner added.

But Verstappen said his concerns are not just about 2017, particularly following the latest news from engine partner Renault.

"We wanted to go for the world title this year, but we are far from it," he told the Dutch broadcaster Ziggo Sport Totaal.

Renault has now said the power unit will not be significantly updated for the rest of the year, and Verstappen admitted: "I'm worried, also for the direction for next year.

"I want to win and I absolutely think this team can. You can see we have improved the car a lot. But the power is yet to come.

"And right now, as you may have read, there will be nothing more (in 2017). Updates were promised but there have been few," he added.

(GMM)

Other stories for JUNE 13, 2017

PEREZ DENIES IGNORING TEAM ORDER

NO INFORMATION ABOUT HONDA UPGRADE

MICHAEL DOUGLAS TIPS ALONSO TO QUIT F1

ROSBERG REJECTS F1 COMEBACK TALK

BOTTAS MUCH BETTER TEAMMATE THAN ROSBERG SAYS HAMILTON

VERSTAPPEN WORRIED ABOUT RED BULL FOR 2018

FATHER, WILLIAMS SAY STROLL DESERVES F1 SEAT