Stroll rejects Massa comments
Honda F1 website
Honda website

APRIL 27, 2018

Stroll rejects Massa comments

Lance Stroll has played down comments made by Felipe Massa about the struggling Williams team.

Last year, the pair were teamed together at the once-great British outfit, but Williams replaced veteran Massa in favour of another 'pay driver' rookie Sergey Sirotkin for 2018.

Massa suggested in the media earlier this week that Williams chose finances over performance.

"First of all, Felipe is not here. He's gone, he's retired," Stroll is quoted by Brazil's Globo in Baku.

"And the last time I looked back then (in 2017) I was using myself as a reference, not Felipe.

"I look back to where I was last year when the car was better," the Canadian added. "In China I was in Q3. And in other races, many races, I was scoring points. It's not like I can no longer do that.

"The problem now is that when we have a really good race, we're 14th or 13th. That's how I see it," Stroll said.

Stroll's new teammate Sirotkin said Williams has identified its problems and will now set about fixing them.

"We hope that with new updates, the machine will start working with the schedule that we have within 15 weeks," the Russian told Match TV.

(GMM)

Other stories for APRIL 27, 2018

PRACTICE 2 REPORT - THE FLYING AUSSIE

FRIDAY TEAM QUOTES

FRIDAY PHOTOS

PRACTICE 2 RESULTS

FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

PRACTICE 1 REPORT - FAST AND CRASH

PRACTICE 1 RESULTS

PROST SELLS FORMULA E STAKE TO FOCUS ON F1

RAIKKONEN DENIES BEING FERRARI NUMBER TWO

HAAS MUST WORK HARD TO KEEP MAGNUSSEN SAYS STEINER

STROLL REJECTS MASSA COMMENTS

HAMILTON NOT WORRIED ABOUT 2018 CRISIS

RICCIARDO AMONG BEST DRIVERS IN F1 SAYS WOLFF

BADOER VISITS SCHUMACHER REGULARLY

STRUGGLING MCLAREN OUSTS TECHNICAL CHIEF