Sepang will still host 2017 Malaysia GP
Honda F1 website
Honda website

OCTOBER 26, 2016

Sepang will still host 2017 Malaysia GP

Race organisers have admitted that scrapping the Malaysian grand prix would have legal ramifications.

Government and Sepang circuit chiefs this week have flagged the possibility that the race will be scrapped due to the dwindling appeal of formula one.

Some reports hinted a decision was imminent, but Sepang chief Razlan Razali has now acknowledged that a "watertight" contract until 2018 is in force.

"It will involve legal issues if (Sepang) breach the contract which was signed last year and runs through 2018," he told the local Bernama news agency.

"(Sepang) will review the host's job when the contract expires in 2018 but the race will certainly be held next year," Razali added.

(GMM)

Other stories for OCTOBER 26, 2016

HAMILTON CAN STILL WIN TITLE SAYS VERSTAPPEN

RELAXED MASSA EYEING NEXT SEAT AFTER F1

SAUBER SABOTAGE CLAIMS RIDICULOUS

VERSTAPPEN NEEDS PATIENCE TO WIN AGAIN SAYS MARKO

SEPANG WILL STILL HOST 2017 MALAYSIA GP