Ricciardo staying at Red Bull?
Honda F1 website
Honda website

JUNE 12, 2015

Ricciardo staying at Red Bull?

Red Bull has ruled Daniel Ricciardo out of the running for a Ferrari seat in 2016.

Already linked with the place currently occupied by Kimi Raikkonen, Australian Ricciardo fired the Ferrari rumours even more in Canada when he admitted his growing frustration with Red Bull.

"For my career, I need to be aware of what's happening," he said. "I don't want to be one of the champions who never was."

Team boss Christian Horner, however, played down the prospect of losing Ricciardo at the end of the year, insisting the 25-year-old has a "long term" deal.

And Dr Helmut Marko, boss of Red Bull's driver programme, has now told Germany's Sport Bild: "Daniel has a bulletproof contract with us."

He said there is "nothing at all" to the current rumours of Ricciardo's departure.

"He will definitely be with us in 2016," Marko announced.

And Even Ricciardo admits he is committed to Red Bull for 2016.

"I'll be here next year and we'll see how we go," he told the Telegraph newspaper in Canada last week.

(GMM)

Other stories for JUNE 12, 2015

BUTTON HOPES DRIVERS CONSULTED OVER F1 FUTURE

LE MANS FOR REAL MEN SAYS HULKENBERG

MARCHIONNE VOWS TO HELP MONZA SAVE F1 RACE

WILLIAMS EXPECTS STRONG WEEKEND IN AUSTRIA

RAIKKONEN HAS THREE RACES TO IMPRESS FERRARI

MISSING PRACTICE HURTS GROSJEAN QUITE A LOT

RICCIARDO STAYING AT RED BULL?

RENAULT PLAYS DOWN FIFTH ENGINE PENALTIES

MARCHIONNE TIPS MERCEDES TO BE REASONABLE

MANOR COULD DELAY NEW CAR PLANS UNTIL 2016