JANUARY 8, 2015
New Hamilton contract will happen says Lauda
Niki Lauda has played down the chance Fernando Alonso will join Mercedes next year.
Last week, team boss Toto Wolff caused a stir when he said Spaniard Alonso, who has just joined McLaren-Honda, tops the shortlist in the event that Hamilton's negotiations to extend his contract beyond this year ultimately fail.
But triple world champion Lauda, who was instrumental in luring Hamilton from McLaren at the end of the 2012 season, now insists the talks with the newly 30-year-old Briton will result in a new contract.
"I'm not worried," he is quoted by SID news agency. "Both sides want to renew, so it will happen.
"We are in no hurry," Lauda added.