MAY 29, 2015
Massa thinks Monaco one-off slump for Williams
Felipe Massa has backed Williams to recover immediately from a bad weekend in Monaco.
Valtteri Bottas said after the street race that it was the "second year in succession" the British team struggled in Monaco.
Technical boss Pat Symonds told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport: "There is no excuse.
"We had the same thing last year and obviously learned nothing from it."
Massa, Bottas' teammate, agreed: "We suffered in the practice sessions, in qualifying and in the race and I'm not sure it was just the tyres."
But "I think what happened last week will not happen again," the Brazilian is quoted by Spain's El Mundo Deportivo.
"This was the worst circuit for us so I am very confident that in Canada and Austria, and even Silverstone that our car will be better again."
In fact, Massa said Williams can expect to bounce back even stronger than before Monaco.
"I don't know what new parts we have for Canada but definitely for Austria we should take a big step," he said.