Marciello ends F1 dream
Honda F1 website
Honda website

JANUARY 14, 2017

Marciello ends F1 dream

Former Ferrari junior Raffaele Marciello has called off his F1 dream.

After the 2015 season, the now 22-year-old Italian left Ferrari's development 'academy', through which he had worked with the Sauber team as well.

"He (Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene) did not deem me suitable for F1 and so it ended," Marciello said at the time.

He stayed in GP2 last year, finishing fourth overall, but Italiaracing now reports that Marciello is turning the page by switching to GT sports cars for 2017.

"I think it's best not to be too focused on F1, perhaps missing other opportunities," he said.

"I'm still quite young and there are older drivers than me who are continuing to try, but I'm happy with my choice," Marciello added.

(GMM)

Other stories for JANUARY 14, 2017

BETTER NEWS ABOUT BRITISH GP FUTURE

ALL F1 TRACKS SET FOR 2017 UPGRADES

MANOR DEADLINE EXTENDED BY ANOTHER WEEK

BERGER WOULD HAVE PICKED WEHRLEIN OVER BOTTAS

VASSEUR NOT RULING OUT F1 RETURN

FERRARI OPENS DOOR FOR MICK SCHUMACHER

HAAS BLOCKS EARLY F1 PAYMENT FOR FORCE INDIA?

MARCIELLO ENDS F1 DREAM