Mallya to miss more F1 races as passport suspended
Honda F1 website
Honda website

APRIL 16, 2016

Mallya to miss more F1 races as passport suspended

Vijay Mallya will miss more F1 races in the immediate future, after the Indian government suspended his passport.

Indian reports say the Force India boss and co-owner "stopped cooperating with investigators" over the huge debts owed over the collapse of his airline Kingfisher.

"Passport of Vijay Mallya suspended by the government of India on request of enforcement directorate," the directorate confirmed on Twitter.

The external affairs ministry confirmed that the suspension will have effect for four weeks.

Former billionaire Mallya, 60, did not attend the Australian, Bahrain or Chinese grands prix so far this year. He is reportedly in Britain, but his actual whereabouts is in fact not known.

The next step could be for Mallya's passport to be completely revoked or impounded.

"If Mallya fails to respond within the stipulated time, it will be assumed that he has no response to offer and (external affairs) will go ahead with the revocation," the government said in a statement.

(GMM)

Other stories for APRIL 16, 2016

MCLAREN WANTS TO KEEP ALONSO BEYOND 2017

TODT SHOULD LET F1 WAR GO TO COURT SAYS MOSLEY

PIRELLI NOW CLOSE TO FIA CONTRACT SAYS HEMBERY

GENE HAAS AIMS FIRE AT F1 WHINERS

MALLYA TO MISS MORE F1 RACES AS PASSPORT SUSPENDED

QUALIFYING REPORT - INSANITY REINED IN

SATURDAY PHOTOS

SATURDAY TEAM QUOTES

SATURDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

QUALIFYING RESULTS

PRACTICE 3 REPORT - FALLING OUT OF THE SKY

PRACTICE 3 RESULTS