Hulkenberg gives thumbs-up to three-car grid rows plan
Honda F1 website
Honda website

OCTOBER 26, 2017

Hulkenberg gives thumbs-up to three-car grid rows plan

Nico Hulkenberg has given the thumbs up to plans to radically reform the F1 starting grid.

We reported earlier this week that Liberty Media is contemplating lining up the cars in two and three-car grid rows in the future.

"I heard about those rumours," Renault driver Nico Hulkenberg told Germany's Sport1.

"For me it would be perfectly fine and I don't think it would cause more accidents."

However, the German driver does think the alternating two and three-car row grids would be an issue at some circuits.

"In Monaco it would not be possible to put three cars side by side on a row because of the width of the track," Hulkenberg said.

"But the authorities will think about those issues after the season," he added.

(GMM)

Other stories for OCTOBER 26, 2017

THURSDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

MCLAREN EYES RETURN TO PODIUM IN 2018

VERSTAPPEN STEWARD SALO RECEIVED DEATH THREATS

HULKENBERG GIVES THUMBS-UP TO THREE-CAR GRID ROWS PLAN

LIBERTY BUYS MANOR WIND TUNNEL MODEL

BRAZIL GP NEAR SAO PAULO SAFE UNTIL 2020 SAYS MAYOR

RENAULT BOOSTS F1 BUDGET WITH FORMULA E EXIT

KVYAT IN RUNNING FOR WILLIAMS SEAT SAYS ERMILIN