Hockenheim says no 2017 race deal done yet
Honda F1 website
Honda website

SEPTEMBER 2, 2016

Hockenheim says no 2017 race deal done yet

Hockenheim chief Georg Seiler says no deal has been done to guarantee the future of the German grand prix for 2017.

A draft calendar for next year is now doing the rounds in the paddock, featuring a German race date -- even though the Nurburgring is financially unable to meet its contractual obligation for 2017.

It is assumed Hockenheim will step in, amid reports a deal where Bernie Ecclestone becomes the quasi race promoter for a lower annual fee is being discussed.

"That would be a model for the future," Hockenheim's Seiler told SID news agency. "The promoter would be tenants and take the financial risk, as is quite normal with other events.

"We are ready," he is also quoted by the DPA news agency. "Our interest is great."

But Seiler said that although there was a "positive atmosphere" during talks with Ecclestone late in July, there has been "nothing new" since then.

"It would be important that we have certainty by October," he insisted.

"I cannot tell you what the chances are, but at the moment there is not an agreement."

(GMM)

Other stories for SEPTEMBER 2, 2016

PRACTICE 2 REPORT - TOKEN POWER

FRIDAY PHOTOS

FRIDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

FRIDAY TEAM QUOTES

PRACTICE 2 RESULTS

WILLIAMS RETURN FOR BUTTON UNLIKELY

WHITING IN TALKS TO JOIN F1 TEAM?

HOCKENHEIM SAYS NO 2017 RACE DEAL DONE YET

NO TALKS WITH TEAMS ABOUT 2017 SAYS MASSA

NOT EVERY RIVAL CRITICAL OF VERSTAPPEN

GROSJEAN HINTS AT 2017 HAAS STAY

PRACTICE 1 REPORT - THE TEMPLE OF SPEED

PRACTICE 1 RESULTS

NEW MONZA DEAL SET FOR FRIDAY ANNOUNCEMENT

NO INFORMATION ABOUT SCHUMACHER SAYS ROSSELLA