MAY 14, 2016
Hockenheim chief in Spain for Ecclestone talks
Hockenheim chief Georg Seiler has admitted he is in talks with Bernie Ecclestone about the future of the German grand prix.
After the country's absence from the F1 calendar last year, Seiler and a German delegation are in the Barcelona paddock to whip up interest in July's Hockenheim race.
German F1 drivers posed with a large 'hashtag' prop reading "F1 Ist Zurueck" (F1 is back), but Hockenheim in fact only has a deal for 2016 and then again in 2018.
F1 supremo Ecclestone has said the Nurburgring is not in a position to host next year's race, so Seiler said he is in Barcelona for talks with his "long time friend".
"He (Ecclestone) has his ideas, we have our constraints, and somewhere in the middle we have to meet," Seiler is quoted by SID news agency.