FIA delays nose dispute until 2015
Honda F1 website
Honda website

FEBRUARY 3, 2014

FIA delays nose dispute until 2015

The unseemly nose designs up and down the 2014 pitlane have been declared legal by the FIA.

We reported last week that a row over the radical noses was shaping up, with one camp of teams pointing the finger at the other, and the governing FIA unhappy with both.

But despite the questions about the safety and legality of the solutions that were also near-universally declared 'ugly', Germany's Sport Bild cited FIA sources in reporting that the governing body has shelved the issue for 2014.

"The FIA intends to clarify the rules for 2015," the report added.

Much has been said about the various 'gentleman's appendage' solutions seen throughout the pitlane, with perhaps the least attractive being the shovel-like Caterham.

The team's new 2014 driver, F1 returnee Kamui Kobayashi, however, said: "It may not look very good but it feels good, especially because as the driver I cannot see the nose!"

Other stories for FEBRUARY 3, 2014

MERCEDES EMERGES AS EARLY 2014 FAVOURITE

ROSS BRAWN ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

TV AUDIENCE DROP TRIGGERED DOUBLE POINTS MOVE

FIA DELAYS NOSE DISPUTE UNTIL 2015

LOTUS, MARUSSIA PAY 2014 ENTRY FEES

MASSA WOULD BE WORRIED IN RED BULL BOOTS

ECCLESTONE'S F1 OUTBURST MAKES NO SENSE SAYS LAUDA

MASSA TIPS CLEVER ALONSO TO BEAT RAIKKONEN

MELBOURNE IN TOUGH TALKS OVER F1 FUTURE