Ecclestone sure F1 to race in Bahrain
Honda F1 website
Honda website

FEBRUARY 18, 2013

Ecclestone sure F1 to race in Bahrain

It is "100 per cent" certain this year's Bahrain grand prix is going ahead, according to Bernie Ecclestone.

However, violence has kicked off once again in the island Kingdom, as thousands of anti-government protesters mark the two-year anniversary of the so-called 'Arab Spring'.

The latest international reports say at least two have already died in the new clashes between the protesters and security forces.

F1 chief executive Ecclestone said earlier this month that he was "100 per cent" sure his sport will race in Bahrain as scheduled this April.

"We're scheduled to have an event there so we'll be there the same as last year," the Briton, referring to Bahrain, said during a recent visit to Duabi.

(GMM)

Other stories for FEBRUARY 18, 2013

FORMULA ONE 1 TO PROCEED WITH FLOATATION IN OCTOBE

HAMILTON BEATS VETTEL ON TOP GEAR

VETTEL'S RED BULL CONTRACT 'LONG TERM'

ECCLESTONE SURE F1 TO RACE IN BAHRAIN

VALSECCHI LOOKS FOR 2014 F1 RACE SEAT