Ecclestone clarifies Singapore comments
Honda F1 website
Honda website

NOVEMBER 21, 2016

Ecclestone clarifies Singapore comments

Bernie Ecclestone on Monday said he is working to keep F1 in Singapore.

Earlier, the F1 supremo had been quoted by a German magazine as revealing that because the city-state had reached its objections with the spectacular night race, it no longer wanted to be on the calendar.

But Ecclestone told the Straits Times: "Everybody is happy to be in Singapore and (we) don't want to lose Singapore."

As for the controversial quote with Auto Motor und Sport, the 86-year-old Briton said: "My words were taken in a funny way. What I said was simple -- no decision has been taken yet.

"Negotiations are ongoing and will be sorted out shortly -- before the end of the year, I'm sure. We want to extend long-term. We'll see what happens."

(GMM)

Other stories for NOVEMBER 21, 2016

ECCLESTONE CLARIFIES SINGAPORE COMMENTS

NASR FUTURE UNCERTAIN AFTER ERICSSON DEAL

ECCLESTONE QUESTIONS SINGAPORE GP FUTURE

VERSTAPPEN MUST BE CAREFUL ON ROAD TO GREATNESS SAYS LAUDA

ROSBERG UNDECIDED OVER ABU DHABI STRATEGY

NO TEMPTATION FOR FERRARI RETURN SAYS COSTA

MORE DRIVERS COMPLAIN ABOUT HALO