Circuit chief ousted at Nurburgring
Honda F1 website
Honda website

FEBRUARY 12, 2016

Circuit chief ousted at Nurburgring

News emerged on Friday from the Nurburgring, an historic German circuit battling to keep its grand prix up and running.

The German grand prix is returning to the calendar in 2016, after an ownership crisis at the Nurburgring led to the country's first absence from F1 in decades last year.

And now, Nurburgring circuit chief Carsten Schumacher is stepping down, reports by the Rhein-Zeitung newspaper and Sedwestrundfunk broadcaster said on Friday.

The news was confirmed by Nurburgring spokesman Uwe Baldes.

Schumacher was running the track on behalf of its current Russian owners, who have reportedly ousted him for unknown reasons.

"Schumacher will retire as CEO after a successful restructuring in the next months," the spokesman told the General-Anzeiger daily.

"With his experience, he has driven a successful restructuring and was instrumental in setting the course for a positive future," he added.

A new chief executive has not been named.

(GMM)

Other stories for FEBRUARY 12, 2016

CIRCUIT CHIEF OUSTED AT NURBURGRING

MANOR EXTENDS DEADLINE FOR HARYANTO

FIFTY-FIFTY CHANCE OF FERRARI-MERCEDES BATTLE IN 2016

RENAULT'S BELL LOOKS TO REPEAT MERCEDES SUCCESS

VERSTAPPEN TO DRIVE 2016 CAR IN SIMULATOR

BOTTAS MORE PREPARED FOR F1 RUMOURS NOW

ANDRETTI HOPES 21-RACE F1 CALENDAR HERE TO STAY

MAGNUSSEN MUST BRUSH OFF VASSEUR COMMENTS

MANOR WISE TO SIGN WEHRLEIN