Button, Hamilton say no to Indycar
Honda F1 website
Honda website

MAY 19, 2016

Button, Hamilton say no to Indycar

Two fellow champions have no intention of following Fernando Alonso into Indycar once their F1 careers end.

Two-time world champion Alonso told the Spanish press last month: "There are three competitions at the top of the legend of motor sport: Monaco, Le Mans and the Indianapolis 500.

"I know it's difficult to win all three but it would be a great challenge."

Alonso's current teammate and the 2009 world champion Jenson Button, however, said of Indycar: "Too dangerous."

And, also according to Auto Motor und Sport, reigning triple world champion Lewis Hamilton added: "When Nigel Mansell raced in 1993, the cars were skill cool. Today not."

(GMM)

Other stories for MAY 19, 2016

RICCIARDO FIRST IN LINE FOR RENAULT UPGRADE

FORCE INDIA COULD HALT 2016 CAR DEVELOPMENT

PIRELLI TO MONITOR PRESSURES IN-RACE FROM MONACO

ROSBERG NOT COMMENTING ON FUTURE PLANS

FERRARI PUSHING OVER LIMIT TO CATCH MERCEDES

RED BULL DENIES RICCIARDO GIVEN LOSING STRATEGY

VERSTAPPEN ENJOYED POST-WIN PARTYING

BUTTON, HAMILTON SAY NO TO INDYCAR

REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT THREATENS MONACO GP

HONDA NOT CONFIRMING CANADA UPGRADE YET

JEAN ALESI'S SON STEPS UP TO GP3

WEHRLEIN PUSHING TO ADVANCE F1 CAREER