Buemi still working for Red Bull
Honda F1 website
Honda website

FEBRUARY 8, 2016

Buemi still working for Red Bull

Sebastien Buemi says he is still a part of Red Bull's F1 programme.

Since being dropped by Toro Rosso at the end of 2011, the 27-year-old has been the main test and reserve driver for Red Bull's two F1 teams.

But he has also been keeping more than active elsewhere, becoming world endurance champion with Toyota in 2014, and currently leading the Formula E championship for the Renault team E.Dams.

But it was Pierre Gasly, a young French GP2 driver who is aiming for a Toro Rosso seat for 2017, who announced recently that he will be the official Red Bull reserve this year.

The 20-year-old was already on duty for Red Bull late last year.

As for where that leaves Buemi, the 27-year-old told the German-language motorsport-magazin.com: "I know that Gasly has said that he is the third driver.

"I'm still here (at Red Bull) and will drive a lot in the simulator. As far as I know, it goes on," Buemi added.

(GMM)

Other stories for FEBRUARY 8, 2016

BETTER MERCEDES DESERVES TO WIN SAYS PROST

KUBICA LINKED WITH FORMULA E MOVE

MCLAREN WOULD NOT RELEASE VANDOORNE TO RENAULT

MERCEDES EXPECTING RIVALS TO CHALLENGE IN 2016

RENAULT EXPECTING BIG POWER LEAP FOR 2016

BUEMI STILL WORKING FOR RED BULL

NEW FERRARI TO DEBUT BEFORE BARCELONA TEST

MAGNUSSEN AND GIRLFRIEND VICTIMS OF STALKING

VERGNE TO REPLACE GUTIERREZ AS RESERVE

MONZA EYES NEW F1 DEAL BEFORE MELBOURNE

BRIATORE RULES OUT RETURNING TO CURRENT F1

RED BULL TO BE STRONG WITH RENAULT POWER SAYS VASSEUR

CATERHAM COLLAPSE PROBES TAKING PLACE?

MANOR CHANCES LOOKING POSITIVE SAYS ROSSI

F1 BANKER GRIBKOWSKY TO LEAVE JAIL

MERHI LINKED WITH RENAULT TEST ROLE

BOOTH, LOWDON LAUNCH LE MANS TEAM