Alonso, Vettel fend off seat swap rumour
Honda F1 website
Honda website

SEPTEMBER 18, 2014

Alonso, Vettel fend off seat swap rumour

Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel on Thursday batted away the most recent 'silly season' speculation.

Earlier this week, Italy's Sky had triggered rumours the Ferrari and Red Bull drivers could be about to complete a sensational cockpit swap for 2015.

Spaniard Alonso said the fact the speculation originated in Italy, where fabled Italy is based, is "sad".

"Sometimes it's sad when it comes from Italy and they create for some strange purpose these rumours, which are not helping Ferrari," he said in Singapore.

Earlier, Vettel had immediately denied the speculation, and he repeated the news on Thursday.

"As I've often tried to explain, I drive for Red Bull," said the reigning world champion.

"I have a contract, it has not changed," Vettel was quoted by the German news agency SID.

Not only that, the German says he has a "very special" bond with his energy drink-making employer as the partnership dates back "since I was twelve".

"Since I have worn the Red Bull helmet," Vettel added.

"I have a very, very strong connection to Red Bull and nothing has changed -- and it does not look as though anything will change."

(GMM)

Other stories for SEPTEMBER 18, 2014

FIA COULD EASE RADIO CLAMPDOWN IN SINGAPORE

ALONSO, VETTEL FEND OFF SEAT SWAP RUMOUR

ECCLESTONE TAKES BLAME FOR RADIO CLAMPDOWN

SUBTLE DETAILS TROUBLING VETTEL IN 2014 SAYS WEBBER

THURSDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

DRIVERS WELCOME FIA RADIO CLAMPDOWN

MARCHIONNE ATTITUDE POSITIVE FOR FERRARI SAYS SURER

SUSIE WOLFF NOT DISAPPOINTED WITH WILLIAMS ROLE

KOBAYASHI KEEPS CATERHAM SEAT FOR SINGAPORE

SAINZ UPSET WITH VERSTAPPEN SIGNING

SMOKE HAZE OVER SINGAPORE FOR GP