2015 German GP no longer possible
Honda F1 website
Honda website

MARCH 17, 2015

2015 German GP no longer possible

The last slim hope for this year's German grand prix now appears over.

With the embattled Nurburgring unable to fulfil its agreement to host the race in July, Bernie Ecclestone had been in talks with Hockenheim about filling the place.

But circuit boss Georg Seiler told the Mannheimer Morgen newspaper on Tuesday: "We do not expect a grand prix to take place at Hockenheim in 2015.

"The timing for a commitment passed long ago, so a serious organisation of the grand prix is no longer possible," he added.

F1 supremo Ecclestone has already said that if Germany does not host a 2015 race, the July 19 date on the currently 20-race calendar will not be replaced.

SID news agency said Germany's removal, and the reduction of the calendar to 19 races, is likely to be formalised by the FIA's World Motor Sport Council on Friday.

The last time Germany did not host a formula one race was 1960.

(GMM)

Other stories for MARCH 17, 2015

FURIOUS RED BULL FINDING LITTLE SUPPORT

2015 GERMAN GP NO LONGER POSSIBLE

HAMILTON TELLS RED BULL TO HIRE BETTER PEOPLE

MANOR WILL RACE IN MALAYSIA SAYA BOOTH

15 MILLION ENDS VAN DER GARDE SAGA?

RENAULT SPEEDS TOWARDS RED BULL DIVORCE?

ROSBERG INVITES VETTEL TO MERCEDES DEBRIEF

GIRLFRIEND TIPS ALONSO FOR MALAYSIA RETURN

MERCEDES SUPPLYING SAME ENGINE TO WILLIAMS

ECCLESTONE SAYS MERCEDES HAD V6 HEAD-START

BUTTON SAYS F1 CANNOT BAN MERCEDES

VERSTAPPEN'S FATHER SLAMS RENAULT

ECCLESTONE TO TESTIFY IN VALENCIA CORRUPTION TRIAL