MARCH 28, 2015
Sutil's legal issues with Sauber not resolved
Adrian Sutil's legal dispute with Sauber is still ongoing.
Late last year, although both the German driver as well as Giedo van der Garde had already signed contracts for 2015, the Swiss F1 team decided to pair Felipe Nasr with Marcus Ericsson this year.
Dutchman van der Garde pressed his case hard, winning in a Swiss arbitration court and then in Melbourne, legally securing his place on the 2015 grid.
Ultimately, Sauber reportedly settled the matter with the 29-year-old and his backers for EUR 15 million.
Handling his contract breach much more quietly, however, has been Adrian Sutil.
The 32-year-old German, a veteran of 128 grand prix starts, said little over the winter but specialist publications insist he is pursuing Sauber legally.
In Malaysia, Sutil resurfaced at Williams, the competitive British team who needed an experienced reserve driver in the event Valtteri Bottas' back injuries recur.
In the meantime, the legal issues with Sauber continue.
"The matter has not been resolved," Sutil's manager Manfred Zimmermann told German media. "We are still in talks."