JANUARY 8, 2015
Porsche rules out F1 project
Porsche has ruled out entering formula one.
2016 F1 entrant Gene Haas this week indicated he hopes rumours the German giant Volkswagen - Porsche's parent - is contemplating entering F1 are true.
"I think having big manufacturers coming in and supplying engines makes a lot of sense," he told Autoweek and F1 business journalist Christian Sylt.
Porsche returned to the premier LMP1 prototype class at Le Mans last year, housing the F1 veteran Mark Webber. This year, Nico Hulkenberg will split his Force India duties with a Porsche seat.
But the marque's head of research and development Wolfgang Hatz has told Auto Motor und Sport: "Formula one has never been an issue for us and won't be.
"Le Mans is a more attractive environment for us -- there are more and more competitors and we learn more about the production of road cars," he added.