Chilton eyes Indycar debut for 2016
Honda F1 website
Honda website

JANUARY 23, 2015

Chilton eyes Indycar debut for 2016

Max Chilton will this year keep his motor racing career alive in America.

The 23-year-old Briton raced for Marussia in 2013 and 2014, but the backmarker team collapsed late last year and is now clinging to survival mere weeks before the new season.

So it has been announced that Chilton will assist his former GP2 team Carlin, a British outfit, as it expands into the Indycar feeder series Indy Lights this year.

"While I'm still considering my options for 2015, the Indycar package presents an interesting challenge and by assisting with the development of the Indy Lights team I'm keeping my options open for an Indycar programme in 2016," said Chilton.

(GMM)

Other stories for JANUARY 23, 2015

VETTEL TO DEBUT NEW FERRARI

MONTEZEMOLO TIPPED TO HEAD OLYMPIC BID

ILLIEN SAYS TWEAKS WOULD MAKE V6 ENGINES LOUDER

FORCE INDIA DEFENDS 2015 CAR DELAY

ECCLESTONE INVOLVED IN FIA'S HONDA U-TURN

DALLARA STARTS WORK ON 2016 HAAS CAR

ROOKIE DUO ADMITS HAMILTON FAVOURITE IN 2015

KUBICA FORMS OWN WORLD RALLY TEAM

CATERHAM BOSS ADMITS TIME RUNNING OUT

NURBURGRING STILL IN TALKS WITH ECCLESTONE

CHILTON EYES INDYCAR DEBUT FOR 2016