Bianchi family to sue F1 authorities

MAY 26, 2016

Bianchi family to sue F1 authorities

Jules Bianchi's family is launching legal action against F1 authorities over the death of the French driver.

Bianchi, 25, died last year after a late 2014 collision with a trackside recovery vehicle in fading light at Suzuka.

Reports on Thursday ahead of the Monaco grand prix, where in 2014 Bianchi famously scored Marussia's first ever points, said the Bianchi family will sue the team, the Formula One Group companies and the FIA.

"Jules Bianchi's death was avoidable," a lawyer representing the family said.

Jules' father Philippe added: "We seek justice for Jules and want to establish the truth about the decisions that led to our son's crash."

(GMM)

Other stories for MAY 26, 2016

THURSDAY PHOTOS

THURSDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

THURSDAY TEAM QUOTES

BERGER INVOLVED IN ROSBERG'S CONTRACT TALKS

VANDOORNE NOT FOR SALE SAYS DENNIS

BIANCHI FAMILY TO SUE F1 AUTHORITIES

PRACTICE 2 REPORT - RICCIARDO RULES

PRACTICE 2 RESULTS

RESPECT INTACT BUT MERCEDES TENSION LINGERS

RICCIARDO STILL IN THE GAME WITH NEW ENGINE

ALONSO SURPRISED OVER BOSSES OPTIMISM

ROSBERG WANTS MORE YEARS AT MERCEDES

VERSTAPPEN SUCCESS GOOD FOR ME SAYS SAINZ

GUTIERREZ NOT JOINING GROSJEAN IN NASCAR

MONZA ANGRY AS IMOLA STEPS UP GP BID

PRACTICE 1 REPORT - PURPLE SPEED

PRACTICE 1 RESULTS