Formula One News — May 2024
MAY 15, 2024
Collectors paid $4 million for Schumacher's watches
The sale of part of Michael Schumacher's personal wrist-watch collection tipped the scales at well over $4 million.
F1 won't be bored with off-track news at Imola
F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali is expecting an interesting grand prix weekend in Imola this weekend - both on and off the track itself.
F1 unlikely to feature two Italian races in 2026
F1's CEO admits that one of the two grands prix in Italy is unlikely to still be on the calendar beyond 2025.
Hamilton, Leclerc now in honeymoon period
Frederic Vasseur says he is confident Lewis Hamilton will get along with Charles Leclerc once the seven time world champion makes the switch for 2025 and beyond.
MAY 14, 2024
Red Bull too slow as major F1 rivals close in
Ferrari is setting up a major assault on Red Bull's dominance of Formula 1, with even Dr Helmut Marko admitting that the rivals are closing the gap.
Sauber-Audi defends sudden Bottas change
Audi-owned Sauber has defended its decision to appoint a new race engineer for Valtteri Bottas as of the last Formula 1 race in Miami.
Schumacher to advise Vettel on Le Mans experience
Ahead of his Le Mans debut next month, Mick Schumacher says he will report directly to his friend and mentor Sebastian Vettel.
US congress should not influence F1's Andretti decision
Formula 1, not the US congress, should be in full control of which teams are permitted to race at the pinnacle of motorsport.
MAY 13, 2024
Marko now tips Ferrari move for Adrian Newey
Dr Helmut Marko now thinks Adrian Newey will eventually re-emerge in Formula 1 at Ferrari.
Lawson replacing Ricciardo at Imola nonsense says Marko
Dr Helmut Marko has warned F1 hopeful Liam Lawson not to hold out too much hope of an immediate leap into Formula 1.
Porsche not slamming door after Vettel snub
Sebastian Vettel needs "more time" before he is ready to take on Le Mans with a car that is capable of winning the fabled 24-hour endurance race.
Hulkenberg deserves Audi F1 seat
Max Verstappen has backed F1 rival Nico Hulkenberg and Audi's decision to team up.
FIA should not block Antonelli's F1 debut
Max Verstappen thinks F1's governing body, the FIA, should not block 17-year-old Kimi Antonelli from entering the sport immediately.
GM won't let Andretti's F1 push fail
General Motors, one of the world's biggest carmakers, has pledged its ongoing loyalty to the quest to help Andretti enter the Formula 1 world.
Alpine may be eying Mick Schumacher for F1 seat
A return to the Formula 1 grid for former Haas driver Mick Schumacher is becoming a real possibility.
Haas returns legal fire at sacked boss Steiner
The Haas Formula 1 team has punched back at Gunther Steiner, after the sacked boss launched legal action earlier this month.
MAY 10, 2024
Leclerc fell out with departing race engineer
Growing unrest between Charles Leclerc and his race engineer has led to the departure from the role of the latter at Ferrari.
Imola must resist demise of European F1 races
Italy will try to "resist" Formula 1's gradual shift away from Europe, as Imola seeks a new race deal with the sport's owner Liberty Media.
CEO says Audi entering F1 to be at the very front
Audi intends to enter Formula 1 and be "at the very front" of the grid, the Volkswagen-owned German carmaker's CEO Gernot Dollner insists.
Newey exit won't hurt Red Bull until 2026 says bosses
Adrian Newey's departure will not hurt Red Bull - at least in 2025.
MAY 9, 2024
Door closing for Sainz as Perez nears new F1 deal
A key door seems to have closed for Carlos Sainz, amid new rumours that Red Bull has agreed a new single-season deal for Sergio Perez next year.
Ferrari to test Imola-spec upgrade before next race
Ferrari is set to give its Imola-spec car upgrade a trial run during a 'filming day' at the Italian team's own Fiorano circuit.
MAY 8, 2024
Sainz may be getting nervous about 2025 seat
Audi-owned Sauber is still waiting for Carlos Sainz to make his decision regarding 2025 and beyond.
US congress demands answers from F1 by May 21
The Judiciary Committee of the United States federal congress has formally opened an investigation into why Andretti-Cadillac was barred from entering Formula 1.